Chlorella has been traditionally taken for the purposes of:
- Detoxification of heavy metals;
- Increasing energy levels;
- Improving hair, teeth, skin and nails;
- Improving digestion and bowel function;
- Enhancing athletic stamina and endurance;
- Supplementing an inadequate diet;
- Stimulating the immune system;
- Improving wound healing.
A recent scientifically controlled trial examined the effect of Chlorella on the vitamin B12 status in people on a long-term, strict vegan diet. The vegans consuming Chlorella algae had levels of vitamin B12 in the blood that were twice as high as those not using Chlorella.
The ageing process is thought to be due to the breakdown of nucleic acids DNA and RNA. Chlorella is rich in nucleic acids due to its single-cell structure. CGF (chlorella growth factor) is present in chlorella which also may help with the immune system and promote the growth of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract and vagina.
100% Organic Cell Broken Chlorella Powder
If you have never taken chlorella begin with 1 teaspoon daily building up gradually to up to 4 tablespoons daily depending on your nutritional requirements.