Cert. Organic Barley Grass Powder 1kg
Product of New Zealand.
Barley grass is the grass shoot that later grows into the barley plant and grain.
These green shoots are at their peak nutritional value ready for the production of the barley grain. Barley grass that is harvested for human consumption is harvested at this point of nutritional peak where they possess all the minerals, vitamins and proteins necessary for the human diet. Plus they contain high amounts of chlorophyll!
- This type of grass is the only food that can solely supply nutritional support from birth to old age.
- The proteins found in barley grass are polypeptides, which promote cell metabolism and neutralize harmful substances in cells.
- Enzymes present in barley grass are catalysts that begin and speed up chemical reactions like digestion. Without enzymes, the body cannot digest food properly.
- Barley grass is very alkalizing, whereas most refined foods are acidifying. The body needs to maintain a narrow medium between acid and alkaline to stay healthy and not begin leaching minerals like calcium out of the bones into the blood stream. By eating alkaline foods, we help to maintain our blood in neutral environment.
- Barley grass contains 11 times the calcium in cow’s milk, 7 times the vitamin C in oranges, 5 times the iron in spinach.
- Chlorophyll has deodorizing properties which can help with bad body odors and bad breath.
Dose: 1 teaspoon to 4 tablespoons [depending on nutritional needs] in a glass of juice or smoothie.